Autodesk Stingray Game Engine Announced, Launches Later This Month
Autodesk has created a new games engine called Stingray that the company has launched for smaller game studios to use. Making it available from $30 per month for each licence and including a free copy of Maya LT with each subscription.
The new Autodesk Stingray Game Engine was announced at this month’s Game Developers Conference 2015 European event and will be available for game developers worldwide to use from August 19th onwards.
Johan Pilestedt, CEO, Arrowhead Game Studios explains in todays press release :
We never know what kind of games we’re going to create, and the engine is good for that. It really allows us to just make anything. We can make an FPS or an RTS, or a top-down shooter, or a role-playing game, or whatever. It’s not tied to a specific genre,
Stingray feature highlights include:
– Seamless Art-to-Engine Workflow: Import, create, iterate, test and review 3D assets and gameplay faster with a one-click workflow and live link between Stingray and Autodesk 3D animation software.
– Modern Data-Driven Architecture: A lightweight code base gives game developers the freedom to make significant changes to the engine and renderer without requiring source code access.
– Advanced Visuals and Rendering: Produce visually stunning games with a powerful rendering pipeline, physically-based shading, advanced particle effects, post processed visual effects, lightmap baking and a high-performance reflection system.
– Proven Creative Toolset: Stingray includes proven solutions like Beast, HumanIK, Navigation, Scaleform Studio (UI technology built on Scaleform), FBX, Audiokinetic Wwise and NVIDIA PhysX.
– Versatile Game Logic Creation: Stingray includes a wide range of development tools making game creation more accessible for game makers with varying levels of experience – including visual node-based-scripting and Lua scripting. C++ source code will also be available as an additional purchase upon request.
– Multiplatform Deployment and Testing: Quickly make and apply changes to gameplay and visuals across supported platforms: Apple iOS, Google Android, Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 8, Oculus Rift DevKit 2, Sony PlayStation 4 and Microsoft XboxOne.
For more information on the new Autodesk Stingray games engine jump over to the official website for details via the link below.
Source: Business Wire : Autodesk
Posted using keyword: Gaming News, Top News
- Thanks for reading Autodesk Stingray Game Engine Announced, Launches Later This Month